FAMILY LAW ARTICLE
- GET DIVORCED WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
A desk divorce can be obtained without having to appear in front of a justice. It is cost-effective. AND it is called a “Desk Divorce”….
- THE CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENCE BAR AND WOMEN
You need to be aware that there are legal consequences that you should consider if you were to separate from your sponsor….
- USEFUL LINKS FOR FAMILY LAW CLIENTS
The following websites provide useful resources for family law clients.
- THE BASICS ON CHILD SUPPORT
When parties separate, amongst other legal issues they are encouraged to put in place child support agreements.
- WHAT IS STALKING?
The Protection Against Family Violence Act provides a definition of “stalking” means…
- WHAT IS PARENTIFICATION OR PARENTAL ALIENATION?
Parentification is when one parent is repeatedly denied access to the child by the other parent. The child often resides with the parent who is alienating the other parent….
IMMIGRATION LAW ARTICLE
- WHAT IS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP FOLLOWING BILL C-24?
The Citizenship Act was reformed last year with the introduction of bill C-24. The bill C-24 received Royal Assent on June 19, 2014. The amendments to the citizenship requirements came into force this month…..
- CHANGES TO THE CITIZENSHIP ACT
Recent changes were made to the Canadian Citizenship Act. There are significant changes which reduce residency requirements to apply for citizenship….
- GSD LAW GROUP LPP PARTNERS WITH PRO BONO LAW ALBERTA
The FREE 1000 Voices Legal Clinic at the Genesis Centre in NE Calgary operates the 4th Tuesday of every month….
- DOES THE CHARTER IMPOSE A DURATION REQUIREMENT FOR DETENTION FOR AN IMMIGRATION PURPOSE?
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not specifically impose a duration requirement for detention for an immigration purpose….
- RULES ON LANGUAGE & RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT TO KICK IN NEXT WEEK, OCTOBER 11 2017
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister Ahmed Hussen stated that….
- MEDICAL EXAM FOR IMMIGRATION APPLICATIONS
You must provide a medical exam for any of the following applications to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada….
CIVIL LAW ARTICLE
- NAVIGATING THROUGH THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT IN ALBERTA?
Are you considering filing a law suit under $50,000?
If the answer is yes, then you should file a civil claim in the Provincial Court of Alberta also known as the Small Claims Court…..
- CHANGES UNDERWAY IN THE EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM
Starting tomorrow (June 6th 2017), candidates who have French language skills will be awarded additional points under the Express Entry program. This new change will improve the chances for bilingual applicants……