FAMILY LAW ARTICLE
- GET DIVORCED WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
A desk divorce can be obtained without having to appear in front of a justice. It is cost-effective. AND it is called a “Desk Divorce”….
- THE CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENCE BAR AND WOMEN
You need to be aware that there are legal consequences that you should consider if you were to separate from your sponsor….
- USEFUL LINKS FOR FAMILY LAW CLIENTS
The following websites provide useful resources for family law clients.
IMMIGRATION LAW ARTICLE
- WHAT IS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP FOLLOWING BILL C-24?
The Citizenship Act was reformed last year with the introduction of bill C-24. The bill C-24 received Royal Assent on June 19, 2014. The amendments to the citizenship requirements came into force this month…..
- CHANGES TO THE CITIZENSHIP ACT
Recent changes were made to the Canadian Citizenship Act. There are significant changes which reduce residency requirements to apply for citizenship….
- GSD LAW GROUP LPP PARTNERS WITH PRO BONO LAW ALBERTA
The FREE 1000 Voices Legal Clinic at the Genesis Centre in NE Calgary operates the 4th Tuesday of every month….
CIVIL LAW ARTICLE
- NAVIGATING THROUGH THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT IN ALBERTA?
Are you considering filing a law suit under $50,000?
If the answer is yes, then you should file a civil claim in the Provincial Court of Alberta also known as the Small Claims Court…..
- CHANGES UNDERWAY IN THE EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM
Starting tomorrow (June 6th 2017), candidates who have French language skills will be awarded additional points under the Express Entry program. This new change will improve the chances for bilingual applicants……